Photobucket

Monday, March 30, 2009

My Sunday Afternoon...

So many of you probably don't know but many years ago my man Reilly (as I call him) was in a little punk rock band called Useless Abuse. They broke up a couple of year before I came along and grew up, some got married & had kids, you know the whole drill. Well last week Daniel (drummer) got a wild hair for them to get back together for a little reunion show in May. So this Sunday was their first day back in the studio. They had a great time practicing and get back to old times. I had a great time watching my man singing and being silly. I won't get too mushy but it just made me love him even more. It was pretty hard to get any good pictures of them b/c they were jumping and moving around way too much. Here are a few pictures from the dark studio....

So meet the band..... My honey, Reilly, Lead Vocals!


And on Bass.... The great Mike-y.



The stylish Dave-o on guitar....



Also on guitar... Homie the Omie. Also known as Omar.

And last but not least, Daniel-son on drums....


Earlier that day my friend Zack (father of Marleigh-my recent newborn shoot) swung by for a quick shoot of his newly finished full leg sleeve and his arm sleeve that is almost done. They are just some quick studio pictures but I thought I would share b/c they are amazing! It is the most colorful tattoo I have ever seen. It took a total of 150 hours to finish his whole leg, sometimes sitting for 8 hours at a time. I can't imagine getting drilled on for that long. I can't wait until his arm is done. We plan to do a night shoot of the tatts, stay tuned for that in a few months.
The fish is my favorite part of the tattoo...





And his arm.... that will be done soon.

3 comments:

  1. Too funny, my "honey" was in a punk rock band back in the day before we all had to "grow up" too! lmao, totally feel ya. Awesome band shots!

    And the tat shots are way cool! I love the tiki guy, I've been wanting to get something tiki themed for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, it's crazy how life works out... but gotta make that doh!I can't wait for the show in May.

    Zack's tatts are amazing. Pretty soon I think all of his limbs will be completely covered. He is working on his other arm & leg already. More to come on that soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must be nice to date a photographer... :) Oh wait, I guess that's what my husband thinks too. But he's not in a band that can benefit from my talents! Great work.

    ReplyDelete

I love blog LOVE! Thank you for your comment!